Birth of SROC
Effort to organize the SP/SR Owners' Club was initiated by a one-line
advertisement in the February 1974 issue of "Car Graphic" magazine, saying
"For Sale - Canvas for a soft top". The person who placed this ad was
Chairman Takahashi of the present SROC and several Datsun roadster owners
who responded to the ad were caught(?) to start the club.
Then, they made planning and preparation to organize the club. In
April, 1975 the first meeting of SROC was festively held.
The club is for the SP/SR Roadsters only. The SROC started as a "One
Make Owners' Club" that was rare in Japan then.
Back to top
- Procurement of the parts that become scarce (Reproduction of parts,
production of special parts, Information on parts)
- Participation to historic car events
- Sponsoring the Club meetings
- Issuance of the Club periodicals "ROADSTER" (about once in a year)
- Issuance of the Club video "ROADSTER"
- Issuance of the Club news "NEWS & LETTERS" (bimonthly)
- Study of the SP/SR history
- Negotiation with the manufacturers on the parts
- Study/conservation of the technologies/documents on the Roadsters
- Interchange with overseas owners and clubs -- Promoting DATSUN
ROADSTER CLUB INTERNATIONAL, exchanging information with owners in US,
Canada, Australia, Switzerland, Germany et.al.
- Official Name: DATSUN ROADSTER SP/SR OWNERS' CLUB
- Chairman: Kenji Takahashi, Representative: Kazuyoshi
- Secretary: Shin-ichi Kitahara, 12-22, SenjuNakai-cho,
Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120, Japan
FAX (81.3) 3882-6601
- Membership: 154 (As of November, 1997)
- Region of Membership: Hokkaido, Tohoku, Joshin-etsu,
Chugoku, Shikoku, Kyushu, Okinawa and overseas
- Qualification: Persons who love SP/SR (CSP), agree with
the purpose of Club and can positively join Club activities
- Club Fee: Joining Fee = 12,000 Yen, Annual Fee = 6,000
Yen (As of 1997)
- Application: Filling in and mail the application form
supplied from the following
- Mail or fax to: SROC Secretary -- Mr. S. Kitahara,
12-22, SenjuNakai-cho, Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120, Japan FAX (81.3) 3882-6601
Back to top
- SROC's Entry to the Historic Car Festival in Fuji International
Speedway (October, 1998)
- SROC's Club Booth at the New Year Classic Car Festival in Pacifico
Yokohama (January, 1999)
Thank you for visiting the SROC web site. Could you
please sign in the guest book by PUSHing.